Is Impotence Making Your Sex Life Difficult?
Erectile dysfunction (ED), commonly called as impotency, occurs in men who have a problem in getting an erection over a period of time. Impotency can change a person’s life and also affect their mental stability. It gives an uncomfortable feeling and makes you feel that you are away from the men who are potent. Furthermore, it causes a huge impact which affects your relationship with your partner. If you are diagnosed with ED and unless you do something about it, it will affect your sexual life. It will make your sex life difficult because, you will no longer be able to satisfy your partner and even if you share your problem with her, there are only a few chances that she might understand your problem and stick with you. Occasionally, every man undergoes erection problems and if you start expecting it, you may feel stressed about it.
What are the causes of impotence?
There are many causes which lead to impotence, it can be physical or emotional, and all these causes affect your sex life. The most common causes include:
- Smoking, obesity, and inactivity.
- Endocrine diseases such as diabetes can be a cause for a person to undergo impotence as it affects the body’s ability to utilize the hormone insulin, which leads to problems with erection.
- Neurological conditions can also increase the risk for ED as it affects the brain’s ability, which communicates with the reproductive system and has an impact on your sex life.
- Certain medications which are taken by the individual can lead to impotence since it affects the blood flow, which becomes a cause for erectile dysfunction and makes the individual impotent but never stop your medicine without consulting your doctor.
- Lifestyle factors can also cause impotence. If you consume alcohol and if it is more than the moderate level then, it will become a cause that damages your physical relationship with your partner.
- Aging is also one of the causes that leads to erectile dysfunction, as a person gets older their sexual hormones get weaker and causes this problem.
How can impotence be treated?
Impotence, having a negative impact on your sex life can be treated in a number of ways that puts the erectile dysfunction aside and also helps you to regain your sexual function. It is a treatable condition and medications such as Viagra, Cialis, and Levitra can be used to treat ED. Viagra should be taken 30 minutes before sex and you will be able to experience the result of the medication shortly. The duration for the other drugs such as Cialis and Levitra differs, and always consult a doctor who is specialized in sexology as he will give you the guidance to take the drug and will also inform you about the effects of the drug.
Natural remedies like acupuncture, ginseng, ED exercises and pomegranate juice can also be used to prevent ED and it is also for those people who prefer to stay away from medical prescriptions. Certain lifestyle changes help to prevent impotence and can lead to a better sex life. The remedies include reducing stress, exercising more, and following a proper diet. Studies have proven that regular exercise and enough sleep can keep your body in proper form and can prevent ED and help you have better sex life.