Recommended Foods For Conquering Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is diagnosed when the person is unable to get and maintain a strong erection during sexual activity. There is always the occasional instance when men find it difficult to achieve the sustainable erection. This is not really something to worry about though. However, more frequent incidents are definitely a cause for concern. ED is usually a symptom of some other health issue and can be caused from factors like excessive drinking or smoking, metabolic disorders, side effect of drugs, or even ageing. Finding out the cause and treating it is often the best way to go. Of course, ED medications like Viagra, Cialis, Kamagra and Levitra are available to help overcome the erectile issue while you work on the problem. The many treatments for ED can be boosted by making important changes to your lifestyle. This includes incorporating ED fighting foods into your diet plan. Get to know which foods can truly work to boost your sexual health and you will definitely gain from this knowledge when you carefully plan and follow a nutrition plan that consists of these foods.
How nutrition plays a role in treating erectile dysfunction
Nutrition plays a much larger role in overcoming ED than is generally thought of. Certain essential vitamins and minerals are useful in boosting energy levels and regulating blood flow. Eating the right foods helps whatever ED treatment that you opt for. The symptoms of the erectile condition can diminish when the diet includes these super foods. Rather than take supplements, consuming foods that are rich in elements that boost sexual wellness is a more enjoyable experience. Good eating habits also contribute to maintaining the recommended weight limit, reducing anxiety, boosting testosterone, and preventing heart disease, factors which influence erectile function. Apart from following good nutrition principles, making lifestyle changes like working out regularly, reducing alcohol consumption, and quitting smoking are also great for improving one’s sexual health.
What are the super foods that can battle ED?
The following is a minor list of foods that contain ED fighting compounds and help to regulate sexual wellness by increasing blood flow and nitric oxide production, which are essential to producing a strong erection.
- Beets and greens – Including these vegetables into your diet is important as they are loaded with antioxidants. You do not even have to eat them every day but even few days a week will make a difference to your erectile function.
- Berries – Another staple that is packed with antioxidants, berries are great for improving blood flow.
- Seafood – There are a variety of seafood options that are amazing at fighting ED. Fatty fish like salmon contain essential omega-3 compounds. Oysters and clams are filled with vitamin B3, which helps in the release of nitric oxide.
- Watermelon – This juicy fruit is amazing for it packs a punch of nutrition. This summer fruit is especially high in amino acids arginine and L-citrulline, and also lycopene, compounds that enable the relaxation of blood vessels and increased nitric oxide.
- Dark chocolate – Chocolate, the darker kind, is rich in flavonoids. The anti-oxidant compounds are a great source for improving blood flow and increasing the nitric oxide level in the blood. Opt for dark chocolate as the other kinds are high in sugar and fat, with lesser flavonoids.
- Tomatoes – They consist of nutrients similar to watermelon with high levels of lycopene and improve blood flow.
- Pistachios – They make for great snacks and as toppings to food. This nut is useful for regulating the blood cholesterol and blood pressure levels. Improvement in blood pressure is an indicator for improvement in the condition too.